About Me

My photo
Aaron VanTrojen is a licensed mortgage banker. Geneva Financial, LLC is a mortgage banker / broker licensed in AZ, CA, CO, ID, NV, OR, and WA. LO NMLS: 15420 Company NMLS: 42056 NMLS Consumer Access: www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

GET PASSIONATE

"I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. You see sh@! like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million on his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, I just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey D's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stock broker." In my case, a mortgage broker. (famous quote from the movie Boiler Room).
Unfortunately today, there is no quick buck int he mortgage business, or in most businesses. I realized after giving an hour and a half webinar last night to a large number of investors, is that regardless of how painful my business is, I am passionate about it. I didn't get into the mortgage and real estate business to make a quick buck. I didn't launch a new mortgage bank during one of the greatest financial crisis of our time for the easy dollar. I did it because I am passionate about what I do; and I am good at it. I then realized that if everyone else got passionate about what they did, not only in career, but in life; we may all turn this economy, and more importantly this country around. Find your burning desire in life, and get passionate about it. It is not easy and we will all have to work hard for it. So whether your goal is to own a VW or a Ferrari, go get. It is yours to have. You are just going to have to work for it; and there is nothing wrong with that.

No comments: